All 391 art Reviews

Demon girl Demon girl

You've got your colors down pretty well, but your blending in terms of the characters needs some work. By characters, I mean the fire sprites and the female character.
The background looks fantastic with this style. It's not too detailed to distract from the focal point, which is the character, though your composition does that a great deal anyways.

As per recommendation of improvement, I notice the left arm *from her side* >>> Right our's
is a bit wonky. The arm looks like it's broken and it almost looks like your tried to do a noodle arm thing *in reference to many cartoons*.
The primary issue with the arm, I feel, is the proportionate length. Elongated limbs are no real issue, however, it's best to keep the elongation consistent and based on the style you're going for. I'm getting Bayonetta/Tera vibes from this style, so I'd recommend using a reference from either of them as you practice.
The 2 primary things I'd recommend you improve on are your shading and anatomy, specifically with the arms and the hands. As per everything else, anatomically, I see no real issues in terms of your style.
As per your shading/blending, I would recommend watching a number of content creators on youtube (depending on the program you use)
If you use something like Paint Tool Sai, feel free to message me and I can lend you some brushes to practice with. A really good exercise is to draw some eyes and hands, then practice shading those with different methods, and choose the one that looks most appealing to paint with.

Please pardon any spelling/grammatical errors, as I am in a bit of a hurry while writing this. Either way, I hope to see you improve as an artist and I look forward to more of your work.

immaboreddude responds:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this, it really helped me to pin point the problems that i didn't noticed when making it, and thanks for your recommendations. I will practice hands and shading as you said, now I have a good idea on where to start.

=3 =3

Art WAS a mistake...

LurkinMcClerkin responds:

More than we realize.

wild Rosa wild Rosa

FUCKIN THICC AS FUK
Also, pardon me for asking, but I'm finding that a lot of artists are not using photoshop as much as they used to. Would you consider yourself among them?
Those colors and painting methods are

Bob Bob

Why are the downvotes for your stuff so high? This style is so damned interesting and fun.

dogmuth-behedog responds:

Thanks, i think is for the colors or my low experience in the hair draw or in other things, i don't know :( , but im glad for that you like my draw style.

Without teeth Without teeth

I'd be up to buy this as a poster. It's got a good color scheme, which is very muddy looking, which is why I think the scores are coming in so low, but I think it works.
Medium looks like marker or watercolor.
Only thing I could think of that would have made this piece better would be maybe more blending to the linework around the left edge of the dino to add more of a contrast to the background, but kind of gradually fall to the right with that sketchy look you've got going.
Background also looks great. The perspective focused composition is really fun. Overall, I think this works out as somewhat successful.
Again, composition is spot on. The idea is hilarious and would makes for a great poster at the very least, though I'd even go as far as saying this would look even more amazing as a graffiti piece on a much larger canvas, as the style lends to it.

dogmuth-behedog responds:

Hi, I'm already used to the low scores in my recent drawings (I do not think this will last long), I think it's because of the style change and my color palette, due to the recent use of brushes,watercolors and markers instead of pens And crosshatching. Thanks for the comment and advice. :D

The Blue Demon in the Flowers The Blue Demon in the Flowers

Actually dropped jaw when I scrolled down to the roses. Love that style. Hot damn.

Luvlycub responds:

Thank you! They're peonies. :D

Blademaster Zedo Blademaster Zedo

Sai is good for sketching and lining, but not really for rendering... at least that's my opinion.

Lime Spirit Guard Lime Spirit Guard

Always a joy to look at your work, friend

Liberty 2016 page1 Liberty 2016 page1

The detail in this is amazing. Nice use of reference and with a fantastic animationesque style.

Trebuxet responds:

Thank you!

do the vote 2016 do the vote 2016

Thank you for the haunting nightmares...